One of our clients – Ellen – has a daughter getting married at the end of June. Naturally she wants to look her best (many of you will remember my own fitness challenge before my wedding) and, since June is the perfect month for a little challenge, I’m using her event as a challenge for all of us.
5 exercises – – 50 reps each – – every day until June 23 (which, coincidentally, is also Gay Pride here in Seattle).
The fine print.
- If you commit, you have to commit to EVERY DAY for 22 days.
- 1- upper body exercise. 1 – lower body exercise. 1 – ab exercise. And 2 choices. My personal emphasis will be arms, abs and ass – AAA.
- The exercises must be done in one session. However, you can break the exercises up however you wish. For example, you could do 10 reps of each of the 5 exercises and go through that cycle 5 times.
- You can choose any exercise you want. I know, I know. Most of you want to be told what to do so I will post my suggestions daily on the Blog. You, of course, have veto power of any exercise based on fatigue, time and other factors.
- THIS IS IN ADDITION TO YOUR REGULAR WORKOUTS. I will not be doing this during classes at the studio.
- You can make it as easy or hard as you want. 50 jumping jacks, 50 situps, 50 squats, 50 countertop pushups, and 50 cross changes would work just fine for a lighter day.
- It shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes max and more likely close to 15 min.
- You could substitute a row, stairs, run, jump rope. I figure it needs to be 3 minutes of those type of activities.
- You will get the most benefit if you do all of one exercise before moving on to the next but this is not required.
- You could come early or stay late after class to do your 5 50s – time and space permitting.
- I’ll have a form for you here to track your workouts and your time. It is kind of fun to repeat a workout and see if you can improve your time.
It would be great to get 50 people to commit to the Ellen challenge. Are you up for it?